A stay at Mercure London Kensington places you in the heart of London, within a 5-minute drive of Natural History Museum and Hyde Park. This 4-star hotel is 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from Royal Albert Hall and 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from Buckingham Palace.
Enjoy a meal at the restaurant or snacks in the coffee shop/cafe. The hotel also offers room service (during limited hours). Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are served on weekdays from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM and on weekends from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM for a fee.
Make yourself at home in one of the 82 guestrooms. Prepare your meals in the shared/communal kitchen. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Kensington High Street - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Imperial College London - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Kensington Gardens - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Victoria and Albert Museum - 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
Science Museum - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Kensington Palace - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Royal Albert Hall - 1.5 km / 1 mi
Olympia Conference and Exhibition Centre - 1.6 km / 1 mi
Natural History Museum - 1.7 km / 1 mi
Hyde Park - 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
Harrods - 2 km / 1.3 mi
Portobello Road Market - 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
Stamford Bridge Stadium - 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
Sloane Square - 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
Eventim Apollo - 2.7 km / 1.6 mi
The nearest airports are:
Heathrow Airport (LHR) - 22.4 km / 13.9 mi
London City Airport (LCY) - 19.1 km / 11.8 mi
Gatwick Airport (LGW) - 90.2 km / 56 mi
Luton Airport (LTN) - 55.7 km / 34.6 mi
The preferred airport for Mercure London Kensington is Heathrow Airport (LHR).
Featured amenities include wired Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and express check-out. This hotel has 2 meeting rooms available for events. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
Take in the views from a terrace and a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access. This hotel also features concierge services, a television in a common area, and a picnic area.
Accor is deeply committed to sustainable value creation, and plays an active role in giving back to planet and community. Our Planet 21 – Acting Here program endeavours to act for “positive hospitality”and has set some ambitious objectives to meet by 2020, structured around four strategic pillars: working with our employees, involving our clients, innovating with our partners, and involving local communities. And two key areas focus: food and buildings.
Amenities / Features
Airport & shuttle information
Mercure London Kensington is 14 miles (22km) to the east of London Heathrow Airport. There are several transport options to choose from:A taxi is the quickest and easiest way to reach the hotel, costing around £35-£70.The Heathrow Express train service leaves every 15 minutes from London Heathrow and takes just 15 minutes to get to Paddington station where you will need to take the Circle Line to Gloucester Road tube station.The Piccadilly Line runs from London Heathrow directly to Earls Court tube station.
Is there an airport shuttle? Sorry
airport shuttle is available.
Start your day with our delicious breakfast range. Wake up to freshly baked croissants, muesli, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruits and juices for a healthy breakfast. For a hearty start to the day, why not try our full English breakfast with all the trimmings – eggs, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms and baked beans. Cold cuts, cheeses, bread rolls and jams, some of which homemade in-house with seasonal fruits, are also part of our breakfast buffet.
Pets allowed (no fees)
Service animals are allowed
Service animals are exempt from fees/restrictions
No pets allowed apart from guide dogs.
Parking space at £30 for 24 hours.
Wi-fi is complimentary. Wired internet access is also available at an extra fee.
Misc. fees / Policies
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 10.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: GBP 14.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: GBP 39 per day
- Nearby parking fee: GBP 39 per day (98 ft away)
- Early check-in fee: GBP 39 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 25.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- Contactless check-in and contactless check-out are available.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and also through room service.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 48 hours between bookings.
- This property affirms that it follows the cleaning and disinfection practices of ALLSAFE (Accor Hotels).
- This property affirms that it adheres to the cleaning and disinfection practices of Safe Travels (WTTC - Global) and Intertek Cristal (3rd party expert - Global).
- This property welcomes guests of all sexual orientations and gender identities (LGBTQ friendly).
Our COVID-19 best practices and protocols follow advice from the Centres for Disease Control & Prevention, World Health Organisation, and UK public health authorities. Evolved processes throughout our hotels ensure your safety. Deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants is now our standard.Specific measures we have introduced include:1. Minimal contact at reception with front desk screens2. Touch-less transactions3. Sanitised key-cards4. Sanitiser stations5. Paperless check-out6. Constant cleaning of high touch points7. ‘Last cleaned’ charts8. Best practices for public areas9. One and two-metre social distancing10. Visible verification of all disinfected objects including remote controls and glassware11. Decrease of high-touch items and in-room furnishings12. Utilisation of electrostatic technology13. New laundry procedure
Property is cleaned with disinfectant
Staff wears personal protective equipment
Shield between guests and staff in main contact areas
Guests are provided with free hand sanitizer
Social distancing measures are in place
Contactless check-in is available
Individually-wrapped food options are available
Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast
Individually-wrapped food options are available for lunch
Individually-wrapped food options are available for dinner
Individually-wrapped food options are available through room service
Gap period enforced between guest stays - 48 hours
Staff temperature checks are conducted regularly
Temperature checks are available to guests
Bed sheets and towels are washed at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F
Commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant
Property confirms they are implementing guest safety measures
Contactless check-out is available
Property follows sanitization practices of Intertek Cristal (3rd party expert - Global)
Property follows sanitization practices of Safe Travels (WTTC - Global)
Property follows a brand or regulatory agency's sanitization guidelines ALLSAFE (Accor Hotels)
Property confirms they are implementing enhanced cleaning measures
- Midscale hotel with warm, contemporary rooms
- The Park Sleep & Fly offer includes 1 night acoomodations, airport transfer by shuttle service and up to 15 days of free parking
- Coffee and tea tasting
- Buffet breakfast with both local and international food items or the Express & Co. breakfast formula is served at the bar until noon. Enjoy a hot drink, a glass of orange juice, and some bread with jam, or other delicious pastries
- Ready to Spa packages includes accommodation, breakfast, and one spa treatment
- Great meeting space for any special occasion
The Mercure highlights above are subject to change without notice.